The contrast between the chocolate cookie and the white sugar coating is simply stunning, Crinkle cookies look a lot harder to make then they look. These cookies are so very simple to make you can whip up a batch in no time at all.
This recipe will make about 14 cookies (depending on how big you like them).
You Will Need:
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 60ml Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Line and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees C
- Mix together the cocoa powder, caster sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, mixing thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Bring together to form a soft dough which will be slightly sticky.
- Divide into about 14 golf ball sized balls
- You may want to dust your hands with icing sugar as the dough can be sticky.
- Place each of the balls of cookie dough on to a icing sugar dusted surface.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in the icing sugar until really well covered.
- Arrange on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10mins at 170degrees C
- You need to bake the cookies as soon as they have been dusted and placed on the baking sheet or the icing sugar will soak into the cookie dough and the crinkle effect lost.
- So, if you only have the one baking sheet don’t roll the remaining balls of cookie dough in the icing sugar until the first batch have finished baking and the tray is ready for use again.
- Allow to cool for 5mins before transferring to a cooling rack.