A quick and easy way to make Jelly Sweets!
You will need:
- One pack of your favourite flavoured jelly
- 550ml cold water
- 3 – 4tsp of Agar Agar powder – depending how firm you like your jelly babies.
- Jelly Baby mould, ice cube tray, chocolate moulds or chocolate lolly moulds
- Optional extras: citric acid and edible glitter
- Break up your pack of jelly, into the pre-cut squares, and put into a saucepan.
- Add the 550 ml of cold water (slightly less than the amount described on the pack instructions)
- Add the Agar Agar powder
- Heat slowly and stir all the time to disolve the jelly.
- Bring to the boil whilst stirring and you will notice the jelly mixture thicken slightly.
- Pour into the moulds and leave to set.
- If you want to add a little sourness stir in a tea spoon of citric acid just before you pour into the moulds
- Would you like a little sparkle? add a sprinkle of edible glitter and stir just before pouring into the moulds
- Leave to set – this takes no longer then 20mins
Ready to eat!