We all love Cookies here and we love Smarties to, so I have combined them into this Smarties Cookies recipe.
These are a lovely soft cookie with a chocolaty kick! This recipe will make about 16 cookies depending on how big a cookie you like.
You will need:
- 250g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 225g plain flour
- 5 – 6 38g tubes of Smarties
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees, grease and line 2 baking sheets.
- Put all the ingredients, except the Smarties into a bowl and mix until you have formed a soft but not sticky ball of cookie dough.
- With a spatula, or if you want you can use your hands, blend 3 tubes of the Smarties evenly throughout the dough.
- Divide the mixture into about 16 golf ball size balls and flatten them slightly onto the baking sheets. These cookies will spread whilst cooking so make sure they are arranged to allow for this.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until they just start to go golden on the edges. Or longer if you prefer a harder crispier cookie.
- As soon you remove the cookies from the oven and while they are still hot, carefully press the remaining Smarites randomly onto the top of the cookies.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing them on to wire rack to finish cooling, although I think this is the best time to eat them – fresh from the oven and still warm!