The striking contrast of the crush Oreo base and the creamy white cheesecake is really enticing.
I have decorated mine with cream and more Oreos, but you don’t have to.
You Will Need:
For the Base:
- 154g Pack of Oreo Biscuits
- 60g Butter
- 280g tub of full fat Cream Cheese (I have used both Philadelphia Cheese and the supermarkets own – both are good)
- 150ml Double Cream
- 60g Icing Sugar
- Pack of Oreo Biscuits roughly broken (less 8 for decoration)
- 8 Oreos (reserved from the filling)
- 100ml Double Cream
Line a 20cm loose bottom or spring form tin with grease proof paper on the base and grease with butter.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, remove from the heat once melted.
- Crush the Oreo biscuits and add them to the melted butter
- Pour into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a metal spoon until firm and level.
- Pop in the fridge while you prepare the filling or for at least 30mins.
- Put the cream cheese, cream and icing sugar, either with a hand mixer or the whisk attachment on your stand mixer, whisk until it has thickened.
- Roughly break up the Oreos for the filling, and fold though so it is evenly distributed.
- Spoon this over your base, level the top and pop back into the fridge to firm up for at least 40mins.
- Once firmed gently remove from the tin and transfer to your serving plate, sometimes you may need to let the cheesecake come up to room temperature to make it easier to remove from the tin.
- Whip the cream until it is thick and will hold its shape.
- Pipe on to the top of the cheesecake and finish with the Oreos.
- Keep in the fridge with until you are ready to serve and eat.
This is best the day you make it. (If you manage to keep it longer then do store it in the fridge)
2 thoughts on “Oreo Cheesecake”
Definitely an amazing blog 🙂
Thank you xx