These chocolate tarts are quick and easy to make. They have a very nice simple pastry and deliciously chocolate-y filling. Ideal for all ages especially chocolate lovers like me!
You will need:
- 112g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g flour
- 60g butter
- 225g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 80g caster sugar
- 40ml cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Pre heat oven to 160C
Grease your bun tray with butter
- Combine the butter and sugar with an electric whisk
- Add the egg and mix well
- Sieve in the flour and mix with a fork until it comes together into a ball of dough.
- Chill for one hour before using.
- Flour the surface and rolling pin. Roll out the pastry until even and about ½ cm thick.
- Cut out circles with a pastry cutter a little bigger than the holes in the bun tray.
- Push the circles of pastry gently into the holes of the bun tray and ‘blind bake’ for 10mins
- Whilst this is cooking make the chocolate filling:
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a medium saucepan over a low heat.
- Beat the eggs, caster sugar, cream and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Once the chocolate and butter has melted poor this into the egg mixture while beating non-stop and continue until well blended about 1min
- Fill the cooled pastry cases with the chocolate mixture to the top edge of each case and cook for 12 mins turning after 6 mins.
These can be eaten warm or cold, plain or with a cream cheese icing.