Wonderfully, light and crumbly shortbread in under an hour.
Just perfect with a cuppa.
You will need:
- 215g/7 ½ oz plain flour
- 190g/6 ½ oz butter
- 60g/2oz caster sugar
- Extra caster sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 160degrees C
- Line and grease a 9″/23cm loose bottom or spring form tin.
- Mix the flour and sugar using your hands then mix in the butter until well combined.
- Turn this out into to the prepared tin and carefully spread with either the back of a spoon or a mini roller (Top Tip: try and keep a finger tip on the grease proof paper, this will keep the paper in place while spreading evenly.)
- Mark the shortbread into eighths before cooking as it will be easier to cut after cooking
- Cook for 25mins or until golden brown.
- While it is still hot remove from the tin and re-cut into eighths then prick all over with a fork. (Top Tip: I used a pizza cutter to re-cut the shortbread, I found this easier to use and helps stop it from breaking. Take care not to burn your fingers the short bread is still hot!)
- Dust the top with sugar.
- Allow to cool and eat.