These are a little Easter treat, that have been made for generations, in not only my family but probably many others too. The recipe I use has not been written down and the ingredient quantities judged by eye and taste.
Makes about 15
You Will Need:
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 120g Butter
- 2tbsp or 60g Golden Syrup
- 8 Shredded Wheat Biscuits – crushed
Also needed is a selection of mini eggs for example:
- Micro Eggs
- Mini Golden
- Mini Eggs
- Place your cupcake cases into your bun tray. Using a bun tray just helps to support the cases while the nests are setting.
- Melt together the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (a Bain-Marie).
- Stir together until well blended.
- Remove from the heat and add the crushed shredded wheat biscuits. It is best to do this a couple at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Divide the chocolate shredded wheat mixture between the cup cake cases making a slight divot in the middle of each one ready for the eggs.
- Allow the chocolate time to set.
- Place your selected eggs into the middle of each nest case.