A slightly different take on the lemon drizzle by adding coconut to it. The coconut add a little texture and flavour.
You will need:
- 170g Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- Grated zest of one Lemon
- 70g Desiccated Coconut
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Juice of one Lemon
- 2tbs Granulated Sugar
- Tbsp of Desiccated Coconut
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 100g Icing Sugar (approx)
- Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin and preheat the oven to 170degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after the addition of each one.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold through until well blended but not over mixed.
- Bake for about 40mins until golden and firm to touch.
If you are using the drizzle topping:
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar together and spoon evenly over the cake while it is still warm
- Sprinkle the coconut over it.
If you are using the icing topping:
- Gradually add the lemon juice to the icing sugar until you have a thick but slightly spreadable icing.
- Pour over the cold cake and allow to drip down the sides slightly.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the top.
Cut into slices and serve.
This cake will keep in an air tight tin for about 3 days