Oh my goodness, stuffing my chocolate cookies with marshmallows makes these already soft cookies amazingly soft and chewy.
This recipe will make 17 cookies. It is best to chill the marshmallows prior to baking to prevent the marshmallows oozing out the cookies too much. Sealing the cookie dough really well around the marshmallow will also help contain the gorgeous marshmallow gooeyness.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 320g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 17 Marshmallows (chilled)
- Line and grease two baking sheets or more if you have them.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and fold through thoroughly, I like to get my hands in at this point.
- This will come together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 17 balls.
- Hollow each ball of dough put a chilled marshmallow in the center and cover the marshmallow completely in the cookie dough.
- Arrange them on your prepared baking sheet. Allowing plenty of room for spreading, I usually put six on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 10-13mins. You may need to turn the tray to achieve an even bake.
- The longer you bake them for the harder and crispier they will become.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- I left my cookies on the baking paper because the cookies are really soft and will bend and break easily if move too soon.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.