Like my white chocolate chip cookie recipe this does not require chilling prior to baking so these soft chewy cookies can be made in double quick time!
This recipe will make about 24 soft chewy cookies.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 300g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks (I use chocolate of 70% cocoa solids)
- Grease two baking sheets or more if you have them.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together, and add the dark chocolate and fold through thoroughly, I like to get my hands in at this point.
- This will come together to form a soft dough.
- Divide into 24 balls all about the size of a golf ball.
- Arrange them on your prepared baking sheet. Allowing plenty of room for spreading, I usually put six on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 10-13mins. You may need to turn the tray to achieve an even bake.
- The longer you bake them for the harder and crispier they will become.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.