Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie?
These do not need chilling prior to cooking so can be made really quickly.
This recipe will make about 24 good sized cookies.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 350g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks (I use chocolate of 54.5% cocoa solids)
- Grease two baking sheets or more if you have them.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and add this with the dark chocolate and fold through thoroughly, I like to get my hands in at this point.
- This will come together to form a soft dough.
- Divide into 24 balls all about the size of a golf ball.
- Arrange them on your prepared baking sheet. Allowing plenty of room for spreading, I usually put six on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 10-13mins. You may need to turn the tray to achieve an even bake.
- The longer you bake them for the harder and crispier they will become.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.