These are based on my Oat Cookie recipe, they are so very quick and easy to make and always go down well!
This recipe will make about 10 cookie bars depending on the size cookie you like!
You will need:
- 130g Butter
- 130g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Rolled Oats
- 2 generous tbsp Nutella or Chocolate Spread
- 150g Dark Cooking Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Line and grease a 20cm square tin and preheat the oven to 170degrees.
- In a medium pan melt together the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low – medium heat and stir together well.
- Then turn the heat off
- Add the flour, and give it a good stir.
- Add the rolled oats and mix in well until all the flour and oats are well incorporated, making sure you get right round the bottom edges of the pan.
- The mixture should be soft, but not too sticky.
- This cookie mix should now be cool enough to handle, with your hands press half the mixture over the bottom of the prepared tin and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon the Nutella or chocolate spread over this layer and level it keeping it about 1-2cm away from the edges.
- Carefully spread and press the remaining cookie dough over the chocolate spread and smooth with the back of a spoon. Don’t worry if a little of the chocolate oozes out, it’s all going to be covered in chocolate.
- Bake for about 10mins or until slightly golden. The longer you cook this the harder the cookies will be.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool in the tin while you melt the dark chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain maire (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water)
- Once completely melted pour over the oat cookie slab (I keep the cookie in the tin to keep the chocolate under control)
Allow to set, cool completely then slice into bars and enjoy!!