If ever you had a hankering for a chewy cookies these are the ones for you!
This recipe makes about 12 extremely chewy chocolaty cookies.
You Will Need:
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 15g Plain Flour
- 60g Glace Cherries (cut into quarters)
- 60g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Line and grease 2 baking sheets and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg whites until frothy and slightly stiff.
- Sift in the sugars, cocoa powder and flour and continue to whisk thoroughly until the mixture becomes quite thick (this is not a normal cookie dough consistency).
- Fold though the cherries and chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Arrange the mixture in good cookies sized mounds onto your prepared baking sheets (about 6 to a tray).
- These cookies do not spread very much while cooking so you will need to smooth and ease the cookie mounds into shape as you spoon it onto your trays.
- Bake for 10 -12 mins until firm. The longer you bake for the firmer the cookies will be.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy on their own, with a glass of milk, milkshake or several cookies together!