Another great cookie based on my Oat Cookie recipe, they are really quick and easy to make and always go down a treat!
This recipe will make about 12 cookie bars depending on the size of cookie you like!
You will need:
- 130g Butter
- 130g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Golden Syrup or Honey
- 100g Peanut Butter
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 225g Rolled Oats
- 150g Dark Cooking Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Line and grease a 20cm square tin or 25cm x 20cm rectangle tin and preheat the oven to 170degrees. The smaller tin will make less bars but each bar will be thicker, the larger tin will make more bars and each bar will be thinner.
- In a medium pan melt together the butter, sugar, golden syrup and peanut butter over a low – medium heat and stir well together.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the flour, and give this a good stir.
- Add the rolled oats and mix in well until all the flour and oats are well incorporated, making sure you get right round the bottom edges of the pan.
- The mixture should be soft, but not too sticky.
- Transfer the cookie mix into the prepared tin and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 10mins or until slightly golden. The longer you cook this the harder the cookie bars will be.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool in the tin while you prepare the dark chocolate for the top.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain maire (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water)
- Once completely melted pour over the oat cookie slab (I keep the cookie in the tin to keep the chocolate under control)
Allow to set, cool completely then slice into bars and enjoy!!