If you find yourself with an extra bag of mini eggs and want to jazz up your chocolate brownie here is the recipe for you….
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (broken into squares)
- 135g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Mini Eggs (100g Crushed for the brownie and 50g for decoration)
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a Bain Marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water); take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look think and creamy.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Scatter 100g of crushed mini eggs evenly over the top on the brownie mixture. These will naturally sink during the cooking process.
- Bake for about 30 mins.
- As soon as you take your cooked brownie out of the oven scatter the remaining 50g of mini eggs (these should be left whole unless you like them crushed) over the top and gently press into the brownie.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!