Cranberry and Orange is a perfect combination and combined in a shortbread cookie is no exception.
Melt in the mouth shortbread with a fruity kick.
You will need:
- 125g Butter
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 30g Corn flour
- 100g Dried Cranberries
- Grated Zest of 1 Orange
- Beat the butter to soften in a stand mixer or hand held mixer.
- Blend in the sugar.
- Add the corn flour and plain flour; you don’t want to over mix so just before the flour has been completely incorporated add the cranberries and orange zest. I found the best way to achieve a good distribution is to mix by hand.
- Roll into a sausage shape about 6cm in diameter, take time to get this as even as possible, cover in cling film and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170degrees and grease and line two baking trays.
- Once chilled remove from the plastic and carefully cut slices of about 1cm. If any ‘coin shaped’ slices have crumbled gently pat them back into shape. You are aiming to cut 12 -14 slices.
- Arrange the biscuit dough slices on the trays and cook for 10-15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and turn if necessary to achieve an even bake.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack, gently remove from the grease proof paper once cooled (the shortbread cookies will be very delicate and difficult to move when still warm)
- These will keep in an air tight container for a couple of days, but I think, as ever, they are best eaten on the day of cooking.