My quick ‘go to’ cookies spiced up with a little ginger and raisins. They make the perfect picnic snack and lunch box treat.
This recipe will make 12 – 14 cookies depending on the size cookie you like.
You will need:
- 130g Butter
- 130g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 200g Rolled Oats
- 100g Raisins
- Grease two baking sheets and preheat the oven to 170degrees.
- In a medium pan melt together the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low – medium heat and stir together well.
- Turn the heat off
- Add the flour and ground ginger, giving it a good stir in.
- Next add the rolled oats and raisins and mix in well until all the flour and oats are well incorporated, making sure you get right round the bottom edges of the pan.
- The mixture should be soft but not too sticky, if it is very sticky add another 20g of rolled oats. (I have found different butters and margarines can make this mixture more sticky then others).
- This cookie mix should now be cool enough to handle, with your hands roll the mixture into about 14 golf ball sized balls and arrange on your prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each one slightly with your finger tips.
- Bake for about 10 – 12mins or until slightly golden. The longer you cook them the harder the cookies will become.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool on the tray for 5mins then remove from the tray with a spatula onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
One thought on “Ginger and Raisin Oat Cookies”
Pingback: Ginger and Raisin Oat Cookies — rosehartsweets.com | homethoughtsfromabroad626