These are a family favourite cookie with the added yummyness of Horlicks and I have to say the flavour has been a hit!
This recipe will make about 12 cookies depending on the size cookie you like!
You will need:
- 130g Butter
- 130g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Horlicks
- 200g Rolled Oats
- Grease two baking sheets and preheat the oven to 170degrees.
- In a medium pan melt together the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low – medium heat and stir together well.
- Turn the heat off
- Add the flour and horlicks, giving it a good stir in.
- Add the rolled oats and mix in well until all the flour and oats are well incorporated, making sure you get right round the bottom edges of the pan.
- The mixture should be soft but not too sticky.
- The cookie mix should now be cool enough to handle, with your hands roll the mixture into about 12 golf ball sized balls and arrange on your prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each one slightly with your finger tips.
- Bake for about 10 – 12mins or until slightly golden. The longer you cook them the harder the cookies will become.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool on the tray for 5mins then remove from the tray with a spatula onto a cooling rack to cool completely.