I find ginger is a lovely winter warmer and what better way to enjoy it then in a chocolate biscuit.
This recipe will make about 18 biscuits which are approximately 5cm in diameter.
You will need:
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 15g Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 60g Butter
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 60g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 60g Crystallised Ginger (cut into small pieces)
- 70g Golden Syrup
- Line and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Preheat your oven to 170degrees.
- Combine together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter and sugar until your mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the chopped chocolate and ginger along with the golden syrup. I find it easier to start mixing with a spatula then finish with my hands. You will need to squish the mixture together to form a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into about 18 equal sizes balls, arrange them on your baking sheets allowing room to spread and bake for about 15mins.
- Allow to cool for about 5mins on the trays before transferring to your cooling rack to cool completely.