I love mince pies and all things Christmassy. I have combined two of our family favourites to create these mince pie brownies.
These don’t actually have mince pies in them, just the mincemeat. I have used my own mincemeat in this recipe, you can, of course, use your favourite mincemeat.
I have altered the amount of butter and sugar I usually use to allow for the amount of fat and sugar in the mincemeat. I like a bit of Christmas spice so I have also added extra.
I hope you like these as much as we do!
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (broken into squares)
- 100g Butter
- 120g Mincemeat
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 1tbsp Icing Sugar for dusting
- Line and grease a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180degrees
- Melt the chocolate, butter and mincemeat together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter, chocolate and mincemeat has melted togethter, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look thick and creamy.
- Gentle fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, spices and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin and cook for 20-30 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin. The brownie may sink a little in the middle, this is fine.
- Remove from the tin and paper, transfer to a cooling rack and dust generously with the icing sugar.
- Once completely cold cut into squares and enjoy!