Did you know that the difference between a rocky road and a tiffin is a tiffin doesn’t have marshmallows in it. So if you are a little short on marshmallows for your rocky road just make a tiffin instead!
At times when ingredients are a little low sometimes you need to make the best out of what you have. Here is my Easter Egg Rocky Road for you to enjoy!
You will need:
- 150g Biscuits (I used oaty ones this time)
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 120g Butter
- 2tbsp Clear Honey
- 100g Mini Eggs
- 2 ½ Small Easter Eggs plus the treats found inside ( if you use larger eggs you won’t need as many)
- 3 Cream Eggs cut in half.
- Put the marshmallows in the fridge, by refrigerating these will help prevent them melting if your chocolate is too hot.
- Melt the dark chocolate, butter and honey together in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a low heat.
- It is important not to heat the chocolate, butter and honey too high or it will melt the marshmallows when they are added.
- Once melted remove from the heat and stir well so it is well blended.
- Allow to stand and cool for at least 5mins or until the bowl is just warm to touch.
- Break the biscuits into small chunks. I snap the biscuits in half then break each half into 3 pieces.
- Add the broken biscuits, marshmallows and mini eggs to the melted chocolate mixture, stir until well covered in the chocolate.
- Transfer into the small Easter egg shells.
- Decorate each one with half a cream egg and the treats that came with the eggs. Mine had Malteser bars, Freddo frogs and Areo balls.
- Pop in the fridge to set.