I love the soft gooeyness of blondies, with the added dimension of the jam and the jammie dodgers these blondies really do take some beating.
You will need:
- 135g White Chocolate (broken into squares)
- 120g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Jam (I used strawberry)
- 9 Jammie Dodger Biscuits
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180degrees C
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look thick and creamy.
- Gentle fold the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Gently spoon the jam in dollops and swirl into the brownie then arrange the 9 jammie dodgers over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting and serving.
The blondie can sink a little in the middle, this is fine.
Blondies tend to sink more if you over mix them.
Blondies can also be very soft in the middle, if this is the case with yours, pop it in the fridge to firm up.
One thought on “Jammie Dodger Blondies”
Pingback: Jammie Dodger Blondies — rosehartsweets.com | homethoughtsfromabroad626