I am new to Biscoff spread and I can honestly say I am not disappointed with it!
It adds another dimension to so many yummy things.
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (broken into squares)
- 135g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp baking Powder
- 120g Biscoff Spread (warmed slightly)
- 45g Biscoff Spread (warmed slightly)
- 6 Biscoff Biscuits
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look think and creamy.
- Gentle fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- (I now slightly warm the Biscoff spread over my bain marie.)
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Using a teaspoon randomly dot the warmed Biscoff spread over the brownie cake mix.
- With a knife swirl the Biscoff spread into the mixture. You don’t want to totally blend the Biscoff spread in just swirl it in.
- Bake for about 30 mins.
- While it is still warm and fresh out the oven gently push the Biscoff biscuits into the top on the brownie, I like them to stand slightly upright.
- Drizzle the warmed Biscoff spread over the top.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!