I have been busy making elderflower cordial, (this recipe is in the drink section of my website). Elderflower cordial is a lovely summer time refreshing drink and when added to cake it give a light subtle floral flavour.
I used 100ml of cordial, this gives a light flavour. This is a beautifully moist cake with a subtle hint of elderflower.
You Will Need:
- 170g Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Elderflower Cordial
- 170g Self Raising Flour (sifted)
For the Drizzle:
- 50ml Elderflower Cordial
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Add the elderflower cordial.
- Fold until the flour is totally incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 35-45 mins at 170degrees.
- Meanwhile mix the drizzle ingredients together.
- As soon as the cake is baked and out the oven pour the drizzle over and allow to soak in while the cake is still in the tin.
- This drizzle will make a lovely crunchy topping.
- When cooled turnout and serve.