These are made using the cookie recipe I have used before, instead of rolling out the cookie dough, it is rolled into balls and the thumb is used to create a ‘well’ to add your favourite jam or spread. They are great fun to make with the children, as they are so very easy!
This recipe will make between 20 and 25 cookies depending on the size you like to make.
You will need:
- 150g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 300g Plain Flour
- Your favourite jam
- Melted White Chocolate for drizzling
- Line and grease your baking sheet (if you have two it is an advantage).
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Gradually mix in the egg and vanilla essence until well blended together.
- Sift in the flour and blend until the mixture comes together to form a soft ball of dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into 20 – 25 equal sized balls.
- Arrange on your baking tray so they all have room around them, to allow for slight spreading.
- Push your thumb into the top of each one to create an impression. Taking care not to push your thumb all the way through.
- Put a teaspoon of your favourite jam into each impression.
- Take care not to over fill as the jam will expand during the cooking process.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, check after 10mins and rotate your tray if you need to, to achieve an even bake.
- Once golden remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then remove from the tray and allow to cool on a rack.
- Drizzle with white chocolate if you wish or you can dust with icing sugar or have them in all their plain glory and enjoy!