These make an amazing alternative to mince pies this time of year. Although if you are like me and you can’t eat enough mince pies – these make a fantastic addition to your mince pie feasting!
These do not require rolling out and or chilling.
This recipe makes about 20-22 soft delicious cookies.
You Will Need:
- 350g Plain flour
- 100g Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Mixed spice
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp (about 100g) Golden syrup
- About 275g Mincemeat (I used my own, however your favourite mincemeat will be excellent too)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Put all the ingredients (except the mincemeat) into a large bowl and mix well until you have a ball of dough, I use the dough hook on my stand mixer. This is also a great time to get your hands in!
- Let the dough rest while you line 2 baking sheets and pre heat the oven to 170degrees
- Divide the dough into 20-22 small balls.
- Press each ball flat in the palm of your hand.
- Put a spoonful of mincemeat into the centre of the flattened ball then pinch the sides together to enclose the mincemeat in the cookie reshape into a round and place on your baking tray and repeat until your tray is full (I usually bake 6 at a time)
- Do try and seal up any large cracks in the raw cookie so the filling doesn’t ooze out, this cookie dough is quite forgiving with the smaller cracks and holes.
- Bake for 10-15mins or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remainder of the cookies.
- Once cooled completely, dust with icing sugar and enjoy!