Who doesn’t love a cookie? This recipe does not require chilling prior to baking so these cookies can be make in double quick time!
This recipe will make between 24 – 28 cookies.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 350g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g White Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Grease two baking sheets or more if you have them.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together, then add this with the white chocolate and fold through thoroughly, I like to get my hands in at this point.
- This will come together to form a soft dough.
- Divide into 24 – 28 balls all about the size of a golf ball.
- Arrange them on your prepared baking sheet. Allowing plenty of room for spreading, I usually put six on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 10-13mins. You may need to turn the tray to achieve an even bake.
- The longer you bake them for the harder and crispier they will become.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used up.