Mint and chocolate is a beautiful paring.
I saw a stack of Aero chocolate bars in my local shop. As these were the only chocolate bars the shop had I thought I’d better give a few a good home!
I added the minty bubbly chocolate to my brownies and we weren’t disappointed!
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (chips or broken into squares)
- 135g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 100g bar of Peppermint Aero (half the bar chopped up and the other half just broken into chunks)
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look think and creamy.
- Gentle fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Fold through half the Aero bar which you have chopped up.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Scatter the remaining half of the Aero bar (which is just broken into chunks) over the top.
- Cook for 20-30 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin. The brownie sometimes sink a little in the middle, this is fine.
- Cut into squares or triangles and enjoy!
The Aero melts into the Brownies giving an incredible minty flavour and adding to the gooeyness of the Brownie.