Mint and chocolate is a beautiful paring.
I saw a stack of Aero chocolate bars in my local shop. As these were the only chocolate bars the shop had I thought I’d better give a few a good home!
I added the minty bubbly chocolate to my brownies and we weren’t disappointed!
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (chips or broken into squares)
- 135g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 100g bar of Peppermint Aero (half the bar chopped up and the other half just broken into chunks)
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look think and creamy.
- Gentle fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Fold through half the Aero bar which you have chopped up.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Scatter the remaining half of the Aero bar (which is just broken into chunks) over the top.
- Cook for 20-30 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin. The brownie sometimes sink a little in the middle, this is fine.
- Cut into squares or triangles and enjoy!
The Aero melts into the Brownies giving an incredible minty flavour and adding to the gooeyness of the Brownie.
One thought on “Mint Chocolate Brownies”
Pingback: Mint Chocolate Brownies — rosehartsweets.com | homethoughtsfromabroad626