Ruby chocolate has a wonderful pink colour and an amazing delicate fruity flavour. It really needs to be tried to be believed.
I have used it in my brownies instead of dark or white chocolate and it is truly amazing!
You will need:
- 120g Ruby Chocolate
- 120g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp baking Powder
- 30g Ruby Chocolate for decoration (melted for dizzling)
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look think and creamy.
- Gentle fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake for about 30 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly before drizzling the melted ruby chocolate over the top of the brownie and then leave it to cool completely in the tin before removing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!