The addition of Biscoff to a sponge make the cake moist and light and so very moreish!
You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes, I used muffin cases and made 10 little cakes. I did fancy icing which uses more icing then ‘rustic’ icing so I doubled The Filling ingredients.
You Will Need:
- 170g Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 100g Biscoff Spread (I used the smooth)
- 3 Eggs
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
For The Filling:
- 90g Butter
- 90g Icing Sugar
- 60g Biscoff Spread
Dusting of Icing sugar to decorate
- Line and grease two x 18cm cake tins and pre-heat the oven to 180degrees C.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the Biscoff spread and continue creaming together.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Divide between the two prepared cake tins and bake for 30 mins or until golden and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes before removing from the tins and leaving to cool completely before filling.
- Cream together the butter, icing sugar and the biscoff spread until smooth.
- Choose which of the two cakes looks the best to have on top and spread the base cake with the filling and place the top gently on top.
- Dust with the extra icing sugar to decorate.
Serve and enjoy.