Using my favourite Brownie recipe I have added a family favourite chocolate bar to jazz them up a little.
You will need:
- 135g Dark Chocolate (broken into squares)
- 135g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp baking Powder
- 9 x Twix Fingers
- 3 x Twix Fingers
- 3-4 tbsp of Caramel Sauce (I used my homemade caramel but shop bought is just as good.)
- 25g Dark Chocolate melted for drizzling
- Grease and line a square 20cm tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together over a bain marie (heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water), take care not to overheat the chocolate and butter.
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and stir well, put to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved in the eggs and they look thick and creamy.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar making sure it is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold though to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour half the mixture into the prepared tin, arrange the 9 twix fingers over this and then pour the remaining brownie mixture over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- Break up the 3 twix fingers for the topping and arrange them randomly on top.
- Drizzle the caramel and melted dark chocolate over the top, allow to set before cutting and serving.