Who doesn’t like a rocky road? All that chocolaty goodness with the chewy marshmallows and the soft crunch of biscuits all in one bite.
You can add almost anything to a rocky road to give it extra crunch, chewiness or added flavour.
I found myself buying more mini eggs after Easter, purely because they had been reduced and I simply couldn’t help myself.
You will need:
- 150g Biscuits (I used caramel chocolate digestives)
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 120g Butter
- 2tbsp Clear Honey
- 150g Mini Eggs + 100g for decorating
- Put the biscuits and marshmallows in the fridge, by refrigerating these will help prevent them melting if your chocolate is too hot and will make the biscuits easier to break.
- Line and grease a 21cm square tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate, butter and honey together in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a low heat.
- It is important not to heat this too high as it will melt the marshmallows and the chocolate on the biscuits.
- Once melted remove from the heat and stir well so it is well blended.
- Allow to stand and cool for at least 5mins or until the bowl is nice and warm to touch.
- Break the biscuits into small chunks. Putting them in the fridge will aid in the breaking – the caramel on them can make them a little bendy when trying to break them. I snap the biscuits in half then break each half into 3 pieces.
- Add the broken biscuits, marshmallows and mini eggs to the melted chocolate, stir until well covered in the chocolate.
- Transfer to your prepared tin and scatter the remaining 100g of mini eggs.
- Pop in the fridge to set.
- Cut and serve!