I may have over bought Easter treats this Easter and I became totally obsessed with these Cadbury Mini Eggs chocolate bars.
I have used them in my cookie recipe as a layer through the middle and then scattered mini eggs over the top.
Scattering the mini eggs over the top prior to baking secure them into the cookie bars better however, the baking process can make the eggs crack a little. This does not distract from the taste.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 350g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 x Cadbury Mini Egg Bars of Chocolate
- 100g Mini Eggs
- Line and grease a square 20cm tin.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and continue mixing.
- This will come together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Press half of the cookie dough into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the chocolate bars over the top of the first layer of the cookie dough, this will form a middle layer. (I did break the bars up to create an even layer of chocolate)
- Press the remaining cookie dough over the chocolate bars.
- Scatter the mini eggs over the top and press them into the cookie dough slightly.
- Bake for about 20mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack before cutting into bars.
One thought on “Easter Cookie Bars”
Pingback: Easter Cookie Bars — rosehartsweets.com | homethoughtsfromabroad626