Our beautiful English strawberries are in season! A time to celebrate indeed. However they have a very short shelf life once picked. So if you have a few that a sagging a little here is the perfect recipe for you.
You Will Need:
- 120g Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 280g Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
- 1/2tps Baking Powder
- 100ml Milk
- 150g Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- Prepare your muffin tin by laying out 9-10 muffin cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Gradually fold in the flour, baking powder and milk.
- Fill each muffin case just shy of the top of the cases with the muffin batter (between the 9-10 muffin cases )
- Divide the sliced strawberries between the filled cases, this way each muffin will have an equal share of the strawberries and you can achieve beautiful decorative strawberries on top of the muffins and not just within or at the bottom of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Also perfect with icecream….