Strawberries and white chocolate in cookies is an amazing combination, and should be tried. These are also perfect for using up strawberries that are sagging. Chilled strawberries work best.
This recipe will make about 20 -24 cookies.
You Will Need:
- 200g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 350g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g White Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 100g Strawberries – finely chopped into 1cm sized cubes-ish
- Grease two baking sheets or more if you have them.
- Pre heat the oven to 180degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together start to fold this into the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold through to evenly distribute the chocolate.
- Turn the cookie dough on to a lightly floured surface and flatten slightly.
- Scatter a third of the strawberries over the dough, fold them in, then slightly flatten the cookie dough again, scatter another third of the strawberries and repeat with the folding and slight flattening and then again with the remaining third of the strawberries.
- This helps prevent the delicate strawberries being crushed.
- Divide into 24 balls all about the size of a golf ball. ( the dough may get a little sticky, but it will still make fabulous cookies – have faith)
- Arrange them on your prepared baking sheet. Allowing plenty of room for spreading, I usually put six on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 12-15mins. You may need to turn the tray to achieve an even bake.
- Because of the high moisture content of the fruit, it will take longer than the usual cookies to bake.
- The longer you bake them for the harder and crispier they will become.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.